So here I was thinking I’d have to do double the episodes since I was preoccupied for most of last week but good news and bad news abound. The good news being that I don’t have to pull double duty after all since Episode 14 would have marked a new season for other non-multi cour shows so instead we got a recap episode that really doesn’t need coverage. The bad news is that I have to wait a few more days to watch what might be my favorite fight in Jojo ever and certainly it’s my favorite fight from Part 5 be finally animated.
Let’s see if Fugo does anything else after this in this adaptation.
Continue reading Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure- Vento Aureo Episode 13: Say Good Night
I’ll be the one to say that I’m not 100% on Fugo’s backstory.
On one hand, they added more details to a rather ambiguous plot of Fugo that was to be later elucidated on his own spin-off novel but I feel like that said ambiguity in Fugo’s past only added to emphasize his unstable temper. Back in the original publications, the tidbit of Fugo’s past that was of interest was that he beat his instructors with a heavy book during his school years which caused him to be ostracized which led to where he is now. The anime however added a touch of pedophilia to the instructor Fugo straightened up so it makes his anger justified, although still reprehensible by law. I don’t quite agree with this sort of characterization since Fugo was completely in the right to beat up his instructor while the off-shoot novel made it so that the instructor made fun of his grandmother who he respected which triggered the beat down. I definitely prefer the violent outburst that way with an insult taken too far instead of Fugo directly trying to defend himself since that drives the point home on his inner violence compared to the justified decision Fugo got to doing while simultaneously being accosted for it.
Continue reading Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure- Vento Aureo Episode 12: A mixed bag
So after nearly a month of inactivity due to having very little time to write anything, my folks are leaving in a week so I will be free once again. Quite honestly, I would have preferred that I wrote during these past few weeks because I honestly had no games to play. Jojo is more or less me trying to get more costumes, Wind Waker kept freezing one me, and League keeps getting on my nerves.
Thankfully the Winter Season hasn’t fully started up so I will have a chance to actually watch a few things and hopefully get a recap out on what I will watch for the Winter of 2014. Oh yeah, Happy New Year everyone. Whilst on the topic of new shows I had a few related news that I wished to share. Now, I’m not an anime news hunter but I do pay attention to some things so here are some stuff I took interest in some news during my absence
- First and foremost: Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders airs in Spring. I’d be more hype and would be capslocking but I did that for a while now.
- I actually like Date A Live so its Season 2 will do nicely to renew my palette after watching said Part 3 above. If you haven’t figured it out, it airs in Spring too.
- Light’s favorite series is a light novel series called Mahouka and it airs in Springtime as well. Unfortunately for him, he’s the kind of guy who calls SAO anime fans who don’t read the light novels plebians (my preferred term but I don’t know what he would actually say) but he fears the SAO fanboyism effect will take place upon Mahouka as well. Thank god Jojo will never be like that.
- Speaking of SAO, it’s second season is it? Whatever, the next arc being Gungale Online (GGO) is officially announced. What does the new arc bring? From what I know: One new girl and trap Kirito. Of course plot armor is bundled with it.
- This one has nothing to do with new anime to come out but they finally announced a Angel Beats light novel which will hopefully bring closure to our horribly concluded cast’s backgrounds. The first part of the game will include stories for Yuri, Iwasawa, Yui, Angel, and the only guy for now Matsushita. Iwasawa had some racy looking CG and since I’ve always liked her from the start, I await with bated breath.
Galaxy Angel will continue as soon as I get the chance so that will come when it’s ready. Didn’t have too many chances to play during the break. I would do a figure post but Wonderfest is in February so we’ll wait til then. Fall posts come soon after this so look out for those.
Well that’s about it for this recap post to bring you stuff I have planned so until then. Here’s the three weeks of music I wasn’t able to post.
Fugo’s addition to the game was surprising but I still like him nonetheless. You can hear the Hendrix in his theme’s beginning seconds. Herme’s theme isn’t as rock n roll as KISS is but it’s pretty damn smooth. Pucci’s theme is my all time favorite. It’s just so rocking and foreboding. You can also hear 3 distinct parts of the song that reflects his evolvings Stand (with the third and last one being completely amazing)