Now with brutal honesty!
- Recorder to Randoseru: I’m pretty sure every child has terrible memories playing the recorder. It’s a memory I don’t want to recall.
- New Prince of Tennis: More serves that hit the opponent’s nose, no thanks.
- Poyopoyo Kanatsu Nikki: What?
- Another: Something about horror/yanderes never got to me. Might give it a try if it ends up being good (probably will though…)
- Natsume Yujin-cho: Didn’t read the manga
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear: Theres always an anime like this every season. Another thing they share in common is not being watched by me.
- Zero no Tsukaima F: I never liked Louise or a majority of the characters that were voiced by Rie Kugimiya. I would be depressed if I started watching this. It’s another ecchi series with the awkward walk ins by characters and the loli-tsundere main beating up the dude.
- Baby Please Kill me: I hated Hidan no Aria about a highschool setting with guns and swords. I hated the flippy main female lead with the assassin’s skills but turned away in horror at insects and lightning. What does this series remind me of? Hmmmm…
- Aquarian Evol: Shit, I really need to start Eureka 7…
- Rinne no Lagrange: Hmm…Eureka 7…
- Gundam: No thanks
- Tantei Opera Milkey Holmes: I just don’t get the “milkey” part…
- Gokujyo: TBA
- Black Rock Shooter: TBA
- Therma Romae: Roman bathes and Japan, hmmm
Area no Kishi
After Slam Dunk, I could use another sports manga for motivation. Area no Kishi’s very premise got me hooked and such premise will end in a very epic style as our main will literally rise above all others. Befitting as our main looks like a weak turd compared to his brother who apparently is the god of their school. Character transition from weakling to badass is something I always enjoy seeing. Watching
Pirates? I think of One Piece and Johnny Depp. Space Pirates? I think of Metroid, Gintama, FLCL. Pirates in anime (lets say One Piece) seem a little…laid back. I think Luffy needed to consider that pirates usually pillage, raid, plunder, and rape. What Luffy does is more of a joyride through the ocean and running in against pirates. Gintama kinda reassures that pirates are still bloodthirsty and FLCL proves that pirates are (entertaining) bastards. Metroid doesn’t even need an introduction on its history with space pirates. I wonder what makes kid want to be pirates…it’s not all giving orders and having a ship, it’s about making it far in life by making others come up short. Dropped
Inu x Boku SS
As much of a guy I am, I wouldn’t mind a prettyboy following me around and serving my every whim. Black sparkles…interesting. I also like the girl with the glasses. The main character is kinda wierd in a way of rejecting people. Secret service? More like crapload of monsters serving humans. Imma see where this goes. Also..KANAAAAAA. Watching
Me and Light are big fans of Bakemonogatari and we were happy to see it gain a sequel. First episode was fine. I don’t really like Hitagi’s expression of life as much as Light does but eh. Araragi dares to leave Nadeko alone in her house to hang out with Hachikugi? that bastard. His little sisters are pretty nice too. Watching
Ano Natsu de Matteru
There was something about Onegai Teacher/Twins that I particularly didn’t like. This follows the same pattern by having familiar characters (at least I think so) with glasses and all that. Although I admit, the premise seems interesting but just the characters I don’t like to look at. Will begin to watch later if people rave about the ending or the series in general as it goes on. Dropped
I learned a lot about samurais and ninjas from many many things. Namely books I’ve read as a child or by old games like the Mystical Ninja series. So I just knew what they were talking about when they said Iga Clan, Koga, Clan, etc. Did they HAVE to make Sarutobe Sasuke that girly? Is it any reference to anything that he has a trench knife as a weapon? Anyways, guys are badass, the girls cute, Me watch, and I’ll be able to learn the 10 Brave’s names without any trouble just by watching this. Watching
Amagami SS +
I’m a sucker for romance animes and Amagami SS delivered something I wish a lot of harem animes would be able to pull off which are multiple endings and individual character arcs. I really couldn’t deny more of the series I liked last time. More Nanasaki Ai, so thats a plus. Watching
I always need at least 1-2 of harem series so I can keep my expectations low enough so I won’t say every series is a good series. Highschool DxD fits that quite nicely. It’s like Kore wa Zombie, only with a significant number of exposed skin. A decent lead? Questionable as he actually wants a harem unlike the a huge number of harem leads who never wanted one. Look at Tomoki from Sora no Otoshi, he’s a complete pervert yet he refuses to romance angeloids, hmmm. Rias is hot, will watch :D
Danshi Kokousei no Nichijou
Am I watching an animated rendition of me, Light, and one of our friends right now? Dude with the glasses got Gin’s voice, which is pure win. 3 highschool guys that talk about the crap that goes on in modern anime, literally what me and Light talk about. Funny and relatable. Watching